“Self care is never a selfish act- it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer others.” – Parker Palmer
Support and counseling for pastors and ministry professionals
Coping with mental health issues while employed as a minister, pastor, or church professional can be really hard.
- Expectations for long hours and hard work, being “on call” all the time
- Church members judging your work, attitude, and persona
- Lack of support from your pastor/council
- Underinsured or uninsured
- Hard to hide your suffering from parents or students
These elements can exacerbate depression or anxiety and drive you into a downward spiral.
Through counseling for pastors, ministers, and ministry professionals, Blue Counseling provides:
- a confidential place outside of your congregation to talk
- opportunity to explore the challenges you are facing and find ways to help you heal
- a plan for developing community, resources, and self care strategies
- a choice about if and how you want to incorporate spirituality and spiritual practices into your recovery
Note from Julie: I spent 12 years in ministry as a paid professional. It was an amazing, beautiful and, at times, excruciatingly painful experience. I have worked closely with national and local networks to help provide support and resources for individuals in ministry. I am passionate about encouraging and nurturing all who serve in ministry and it would be an honor to work with you. Please call and introduce yourself today. I look forward to hearing your story and finding ways to help you recover and heal.
Advent is a hauntingly beautiful season in the church year. It is a time when the people of God sit in darkness together waiting, watching and wondering. I believe that when a person enters a season of counseling it can closely mirror the season of Advent. We will wait, watch, and wonder about your experience and about what God is up to in the world.